Buttery creaminess, smooth strength, perhaps with a bit of cheese – with Risotto, light wines haven't a chance!
A robust Grüner Veltliner harmonises wonderfully with asparagus risotto. The new weighty Wiener Gemischter Satz wines are excellent as well. And the classically matured wines from the Burgundy varieties are quite a hot tip!
Pairs nicely with
- Grüner Veltliner – Reserve level; elegant
- Wiener Gemischter Satz – Reserve level
- Weißburgunder – Reserve level; without wood
- Chardonnay – Reserve level; without wood
- Grauburgunder – Reserve level
- Neuburger – Reserve level; fine
for 4 Servings
- 8 asparagus
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g Risotto
- 1/16 l white wine
- 1 l chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon chopped chervil
- Lemon, salt, pepper
Finely chop the shallots and sauté them in olive oil. Add the Risotto and heat together for a short amount of time; then pour in white wine. Cook for 18 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the white asparagus – peeled and cut – for the last 10 minutes, and let cook. Finally, season with butter, lemon, Parmesan and chervil, then serve.